Shopbop Privacy Notice
Last Updated: June 15, 2021. To see prior version, click here: Prior Shopbop Privacy Notice.
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. BOP, LLC and its affiliates (”Shopbop”) are subsidiaries of Amazon.com, Inc. The collection and processing of your personal information through Shopbop.com, EastDane.com, and any related services (together, the ”Services”) are subject to the Amazon.com Privacy Notice (the ”Amazon Notice”), except as stated in this Shopbop Privacy Notice. By visiting or using Shopbop.com, EastDane.com and related Services, you are accepting the practices described in the Amazon Notice (as supplemented and modified by this Shopbop Privacy Notice) (together, the ”Shopbop Privacy Notice”).
By providing Shopbop your e-mail address you consent to us sending you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your e-mail address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features, or special offers (”Other Messages”). If you do not want to receive Other Messages, you may opt out by changing your e-mail preference settings in the ”Email Preferences” section of Shopbop.com or EastDane.com after you have signed in using your personal password. Opting out may prevent you from receiving e-mail messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
Cookies and Other Identifiers
We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information which on its own identifies you, such as name or e-mail address, to serve interest-based ads. To learn more, please read our Interest Based Ads notice.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Click here to read additional disclosures required under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures
This California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure (“Disclosure”) supplements the Shopbop Privacy Notice and is effective as of June 15, 2021. The Shopbop Privacy Notice describes the personal information that we collect, the sources from which we collect it, the purposes for which we use it, the limited circumstances under which we share personal information, and with whom we share it. These additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that Shopbop collects, or has collected from consumers in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on which Shopbop Service is used:
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- personal information, such as a credit card number that you provide to us;
- commercial information, such as purchase activity;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information;
- audio information, such as voice recordings when you call our Customer Service; and
- inference data, such as information about your purchase preferences.
- Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that Shopbop disclosed to the third parties identified in the “Does Amazon Share Your Personal Information” section of the Amazon Privacy Notice about consumers for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on which Shopbop Service is used:
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone number, or IP address, for example if we use a third party carrier to deliver your order;
- personal information, such as a credit card number, for example if we use a third party payment processor;
- your age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example if you choose to participate in a survey distributed by a survey provider;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, such as if we use a service provider to help us gather crash reports for analyzing the health of our services; and
- audio information, for example if a service provider reviews recordings of customer service phone calls for quality assurance purposes.
- Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information: You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by Shopbop, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
- No sale of personal information. In the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, Shopbop has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- No Discrimination. Shopbop will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honor your preferences, such as your language of choice. You may set your preferences through your “My Account” page.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Shopbop’s content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
Shopbop’s cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Shopbop’s essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you may not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any Shopbop products and services that require you to sign in.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The 'Help' feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
Shopbop Interest-Based Ads Notice
Interest-based ads are sometimes referred to as personalized or targeted ads. We show interest-based ads to display features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. In providing interest-based ads, we follow the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising developed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (a coalition of marketing, online advertising, and consumer advocacy organizations).
What sort of information do we use to show interest-based ads?
To serve you interest-based ads, we use information such as your interactions with our sites, content, or services. We do not use information which on its own identifies you, such as name or e-mail address, to serve interest-based ads.
See our Privacy Notice [CTA] for more information about the types of information that we gather.
How do we work with third parties to show you interest-based ads?
We work with third parties, such as advertisers, publishers, social media networks, search engines, ad serving companies, and advertising companies working on their behalf, to improve the relevance of ads we serve. In providing you interest-based ads we do not associate your interactions on unaffiliated sites with information which on its own identifies you, such as name or email address, and we do not provide any such information to advertisers or to third-party sites that display our interest-based ads. Advertisers and other third parties may assume that users who interact with or click on an interest-based ad or content are part of the group that the ad or content is directed towards (for example, users in a particular geographical area or users who purchased or browsed for classical music). Some third-parties may provide us pseudonymized information about you (such as demographic information or sites where you have been shown ads) from offline and online sources that we may use to provide you more relevant and useful advertising.
Shopbop serves interest-based ads through third party ad networks. You can generally opt out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt out pages on the NAI website and DAA website.